In FalZinc the intrinsic material advantages of aluminium and zinc are perfectly combined. The permanent fusion of these two metals each complementing the other perfectly, is achieved by the PEGAL-process (patented by Corus). With an additional surface treatment a stable pre-weathering is achieved giving FalZinc its characteristic zinc look. Thus, in accordance with strictly controlled production processes, a product has been created which sets new standards for roof and facade claddings.
Tight manufacturing and thickness tolerances allow for very precise forming of the seams. More importantly, FalZinc has very high corrosion resistance. The erosion rate caused by the weather is considerably lower than that for conventional zinc and can be classed as aluminium typical. Examinations as per DIN 50017 KFW and HCT-tests confirm the high quality and outstanding performance characteristics of FalZinc.
The advantages are:
- Long term protection against corrosion.
- Light weight.
- Ease of handling and installation.
- Optimised properties for skilled metalworking (folding, edging, flanging, welding).
- Can be combined with construction materials made from aluminium, titanium and zinc.
- Highly distinctive, traditional weathered zinc appearance.
- Lower weather erosion rate than for zinc
- Excellent durability due to the sea-water resistant aluminium base material.
- High residual values.
- Fully demountable and recyclable.